That’s Amore Cheese are an award-winning Italian style cheese producer who use traditional methods, 100% farm fresh local milk, and the finest Australian ingredients, to produce a range of fresh and speciality cheeses. In addition to cheese production, they have a Cheesery store in Thomastown, provide catering, and hold food experiences such as events and cheese making classes.
That’s Amore Cheese wanted to grow their online shop and showcase their full range of food experiences on their website. Their online shop was new and although there was a lot of potential for growth, customers had to order using a very clunky website in useability terms and a visually unappealing layout. Their website needed a redesign to include ecommerce capabilities, and to ensure that their products were showcased in an enticing and informative way. They wanted a portal for event and function bookings to streamline these processes. Finally, a key component to the business is the wholesale and export channels and to showcase those avenues with easy contact points.
What we did
In consultation with That’s Amore Cheese, Crackling Media embarked on a redesign of the website. There was a strong focus on improving the customer experience and functionality, which included:
– The addition of ecommerce capabilities so customers could order directly through the website
– The addition of a portal for event bookings so this could also occur directly through the website
– Showcasing the wholesale and export capabilities for potential customers
– Incorporating the history and story of That’s Amore Cheese throughout the site
– Improving the section and explanation about the Cheesery, with more in-depth sections about the Deli and Café
– Updated product photos to showcase the cheese products in an attractive and clean manner
– A design that was visually interesting, fresh, modern, and in keeping with the That’s Amore Cheese brand
That’s Amore Cheese’s new design saw a transformation into a website that was not only easier to navigate and visually attractive, but also one that was much more functional. Once the ecommerce capabilities were implemented, the website immediately received a large number of online orders as well as wholesale enquiries. SEO was also improved, allowing potential new customers to more easily find the business and allowing their website to rank on page 1 and 2 of Google searches for relevant terms.